For complete 火博体育网站 safety information, please visit our 校园安全 website.
NOTE: Hoverboards and battery-operated scooters are prohibited in all University buildings! Learn more >
Your personal safety is our priority.
- The men and women who serve the campus are police officers. 他们在校园里巡逻 24 hours a day, and close it to unauthorized persons at midnight.
- "Blue Light" phones located on campus enable anyone to seek assistance at any time.
- Campus Police headquarters is located in the East Cottage.
- The business office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. 四点半p.m.
In case of an emergency, dial 911 or
dial 333 from a campus phone.
To reach 大学警察 directly, call (631) 632-3333 from an off-campus or cell phone.
- Report all crimes to the Police immediately: Call the 大学警察 at (631) 632-3333 or use an emergency "Blue Light" phone.
- Blue Light phones are located at academic buildings, residence halls, parking lots, athletic fields and walkways.
- Report suspicious activity or persons; if your feel uncomfortable, call the police.
- If you have an order of protection, give a copy to the 大学警察 and keep a copy on your person at all times.
- Do not walk alone at night, especially in poorly lighted areas.
- Do not hitchhike, pick up hitchhikers, or accept rides from strangers.
- If a car approaches and you feel threatened, run in the opposite direction in which the car is traveling so that the vehicle will have to turn around to pursue.
- Keep doors locked while driving; someone could enter your car while stopped in traffic.
- Lock your car when you leave it and check the interior when you return prior to entering.
- Have your keys in hand when you approach your car.
- If followed, drive to a public place, police station, or firehouse. 不要回家 - you do not want the suspect to know where you live.
- Do not pull over when flagged down by strangers.
- If your car becomes disabled, keep the doors locked and windows rolled up. 如果有人 approaches, remain in your vehicle and without unlocking the doors or lowering the windows, tell them to call the police. Remain in your vehicle until the police arrive.
If you have any questions or concerns about the 大学警察, please call 632-5050.
If you become aware of a possible emergency situation, please call 大学警察 at 333 from any campus phone, or dial (631) 632-3333 using a cell phone.
Annually, there are approximately 1,700 documented fires in colleges in the United 州. Many of these fires have caused injuries and deaths. 大多数生命都可以被拯救 by using common sense in a fire emergency.
2. Check to see if the door is hot
3. Stay low when there is smoke
- Close all doors between you and the fire.
- Stuff cloth in the cracks of the doors to keep the smoke out.
- Call 大学警察 at (631) 632-3333 (cell phone), 911 or 333 (land line) to notify 你所在的位置 . While waiting for rescuers, signal from a window by hanging clothes out the window, waving an object or shouting.
Be aware that tampering with fire alarm equipment or activating a false alarm is a violation of the Student Conduct Code. It is also a crime under NYS Penal Law and can result in arrest and/or expulsion from school. The University treats this very 认真.
Fire alarms require evacuation.
环境卫生 and 安全 (EHS) promotes safety and environmental stewardship
through the development and implementation of a variety of environmental, health and
访问EHS网页 for complete information.
电话,嗯&主要办公室: (631) 632-6410
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) devices are located across the Southampton campus and automatically diagnose life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias and treat them 通过去颤. The devices are easy to use and feature an electronic voice to prompt users through each step.
The 大学警察 Department offers AED 培训 as well as CPR and First Aid 培训. 参观 UPD website for more information.
火博体育网站 is dedicated to allow equal access to education by promoting diversity and developing a safe education environment for the campus community. In our efforts to achieve this goal, the University has appointed a 第九条 Coordinator. The 第九条 Coordinator helps to provide a safe educational and work environment for the campus community by providing information about available on and off campus resources, to monitor our campus climate, and to explain the University processes and to help individuals navigate through the system.
Contact 第九条 Coordinator Marjolie Leonard